Harmony W. Taylor
Charlotte NC Office
1927 South Tryon Street
Charlotte, NC 28203
Harmony Taylor is a partner with Law Firm Carolinas in Charlotte North Carolina. Harmony focuses her practice on representation of community associations on litigated and non-litigated matters. Harmony regularly advises on association governance, assists with director and member meetings, represents communities in district and superior courts, and represents associations in complaints brought before local human relations commissions on Fair Housing and other discrimination claims. Harmony regularly speaks to boards, managers, and owners on community association-related topics, including North Carolina’s Community Association Institute Law Day, the national Community Association Institute conference, and the national Community Association Institute Law Seminar. She is a Fellow in CAI's College of Community Association Lawyers, which recognizes excellent in the practice of community association law. Harmony is an active member of the Community Association Institute and serves on the Legislative Action Committee for the North Carolina Chapter and the North Carolina State Bar Real Property Section Council.
Harmony also represents individuals and entities in negotiating and drafting leases and contracts and litigating disputes arising from these agreements. Harmony has participated in hundreds of mediations and over twenty jury trials, and has litigated cases in district and superior courts across North Carolina through the appellate level.
Areas of Practice:
Real Estate Law, Community Association Law (Homeowner, Condominium, and Townhouse Associations), Business Operations and Litigation
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., 1995
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, J.D., 1999
- "AV" rated by Martindale Hubbell.
- Representation of residential and commercial associations.
- Governing document interpretation, enforcement of governing documents, collection of unpaid assessments, board and membership meeting procedure, and compliance with State and Federal law, including the Fair Housing Act, Americans With Disabilities Act, and Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
- Experience with District and Superior Court bench and jury trials, Superior Court Mediation, Fair Housing Conciliation
- Representation of individuals and businesses in contract formation and review and litigation of disputes.
- Board Member, NC Bar Association Real Property Committee
- Chair, NC Legislative Action Committee of the NC Chapter of the Community Assocaitions Institute
- Fellow, CAI's College of Community Association Lawyers
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar
- Community Association Institute (CAI) Member
Civic and Community Involvement:
- Volunteer attorney, Legal Services of the Southern Piedmont