THEME: Minutes are a record of what was done at the meeting -- NOT what was said by members or guests.
- First paragraph:
- Kind of meeting (regular, special, adjourned)
- Name of board
- Date and time of meeting
- Place of meeting, if varies
- Fact that Chairman and Secretary were present or name of substitute
- Whether minutes of previous meeting were read and approved
- Separate paragraph for each subject matter with name of mover:
- All main motions or motions to bring a main question again before the assembly (except any withdrawn, see below) stating
- The wording in which adopted or disposed of
- The disposition of motion (including amendments or motions)
- Secondary motions that were not lost or withdrawn
- All notices of motion
- All points of order and appeals, whether sustained or lost
- Last paragraph:
- Hour of adjournment
- Number of votes if count ordered or ballot vote
- Names and votes if roll call vote
Signature of Secretary (“Respectfully submitted” unnecessary)
Do not include:
- Seconder's name
- Remarks of guest speakers
- Motions that were withdrawn (see RONR § 48, page 452 for exceptions)
- Personal opinion on anything said or done
(Based on Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised (10th Edition))
The regular monthly meeting of the Alpha County School Board was held on Tuesday, November 6, 2001, at 7:00 p.m., at Smith High School, the Chairman and the Secretary being present. The minutes of the October meeting were read and approved as corrected.
The report of the Superintendent was received and placed on file.
The motion relating to the public comment period of the meeting, which was postponed from the October meeting, was then taken up. On motion of Mr. Smith , the motion was referred to a committee of three to be appointed by the chair with instructions to report at the next meeting.
Mr. Rogers moved “that the Board participate in a leadership retreat to be held the second weekend of February.” After amendment and further debate, the motion was adopted as follows: “That the Board participate in a leadership retreat to be held on two consecutive weekends beginning the first weekend in June.”
The meeting adjourned at 8:40 p.m.
Wyatt Freeman McKinley, Clerk
Articles are intended to provide general information and are not legal advice or a legal opinion. Specific questions should be directed to an attorney at Law Firm Carolinas or to another lawyer.